FASTag for all vehicles to be made mandatory in 4 months, says Gadkari
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday said FASTag for motor vehicles would be made mandatory for all in four months.
Replying to a discussion on demands for grants for the road transport and highways ministry in the Budget, Gadkari said people had to pay toll if they wanted good roads.
Making it clear that the toll system was here to stay as the government did not have enough funds, Gadkari said the government built 40,000 kilometres of highway in the past five years.
To ensure faster roll-out of electronic toll collection across the country, FASTags would soon be available at petrol pumps and later these might be used as cards for buying petrol and paying parking fees, Gadkari had earlier said while launching FASTag.
FASTag, which is affixed on the windscreen of a vehicle, is a device that employs radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it, enabling the commuter to drive through toll plazas without stopping for cash transactions.
Benefits of FASTag
1. No more long queues at toll plazas
2. No need to carry Cash for Toll charges
3. SMS alerts for all toll transactions - balance, deduction, recharge, etc
4. Easy account recharge options - Cash, Cheque, Credit Card/ Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
5. Ease of payment - FASTag removes the manual cash transactions at toll and thus saves time
6. Cash-back offer: You can avail a cashback of 5% on all Toll payments using FASTag
7. Ease of Tracking - You get regular SMS alerts each time any transactions are done using the tag
8. Online Portal for customers
How to avail FASTags?
To avail FASTag, call us at 6366067863. Alternatively you may also write to us at email